- Please sign yourself in upon arrival. Students are asked to mind their monthly and its expiration date. By students attending to their own payments, our teachers are freed to be better able to concentrate on teaching and not administrative duties. If you need a credit card run simply let the teacher know and they will take your payment when they have a free moment.
- Please leave cell phones out of the practice room. If you need to have your phone in the room for a specific reason (for example if you are on call), please discuss this with the teacher before bringing your phone into the room.
- Please refrain from talking while in the practice space, unless you are discussing your practice with the teacher
- Enter and exit the room quietly and roll out your mat out softly before beginning your practice
- Please be mindful of sharing the space with others, particularly when the room is crowded.
Visiting a New Shala
- Please inform the teacher of any injuries or conditions you might have before beginning your practice. If something hurts in the course of practice please inform the teacher.
- Physical adjustments are commonly offered after the student and teacher have gotten to know one another over a period of time. If you do not wish to be adjusted please do not hesitate to inform the teacher and we will gladly respect your wishes. This can be done both verbally and in the comments section of the sign in sheet. It is YOUR body and YOUR practice and your wishes should always be respected.
- Please do not add or subtract anything from the sequence unless you have been taught to modify or omit by a teacher due to injury, illness or pregnancy.
- When traveling to a new shala it is customary to only do Primary Series on your first visit so the teacher can get to know your practice in the safest way possible.
- Personal hygiene is an important part of this practice. It is customary to shower before you begin practice (either the morning of or the evening before). Also, clean your yoga mat, clothes, rug and sweat towels regularly.
- If you choose to shower after practice we do have a shower available. Students are allowed to store personal care items at the shala, however it is imperative that these items be stored in a clean and orderly fashion and that towels and mats are taken home frequently to be washed.
- Refrain from wearing fragrances, including lotions with fragrance added, to practice as these can negatively affect other students with allergies and asthma issues
- If you are ill please stay home and practice gently while you are contagious. If you have a fever take rest.
- It is best not to eat before practice for at least three hours, so in the case of morning classes it is ideal to wait to eat breakfast until after you finish your practice.
- Please leave water and other liquids out of the room.
Above all have fun! Enjoyment will keep you practicing for the rest of your life.